Getting Back to Basics is not something you can do overnight- It takes time to create new habits so be patient with yoursel! In this blog, I’m sharing the benefits of adding simple detox tools to your routine, which will provide a great foundation for my next blog that will take a look at the supplements I take to help maintain optimal health.
Detoxing is a very important tool weather you want to loose weight or cleanse your body. Long-term exposure to toxins (environmental pollutants, cancer-causing chemicals, preservatives, pesticides, heavy metals, and industrial waste) affects our metabolism, behavior, immune system, and can lead to disease. They’re stored in tissues and cells throughout the body, including the brain, often for years – yikes! In other words, our bodies don’t function very well when they’re loaded with toxins that contribute to joint pain, headaches, digestive disorders, sleep problems, and lack of energy.
When you Detox you will help the body’s ability to clear out toxic build up and help to
- Remove toxins from the body
- Prevent chronic disease
- Enhance immune system function
- Maintain and possibly lose weight
- Increase your energy
- Improve skin quality
- Increase mental and emotional clarify
- Restore balance to our body’s systems
- Help improve overall quality of life
Adding thedse simple detoxtTools to your everyday routine, will help to get rid of cellulite, the build up toxins in your liver and kidneys, and give you clearer skin.
Oil pulling is actually a quite simple and inexpensive daily habit to work into your life. The process of oil pulling starts with taking approximately a tablespoon of coconut oil into your mouth and swirling it around. 15 to 20 minutes is the optimal duration to pull, but I recommend to begin with 5 minutes then work your way up to 20 minutes, increasing the amount of time you pull each day.
Adding a cup of hot water with fresh lemon or lime Juice and Apple Cider Vinegar is very good for your Ph levels, and can help break down acidic build ups in your body.
For a deeper cleanse, drink for 2-3 weeks, 4 times a year:
- 4 tbsp of pure Organic unsweetened Cranberry Juice
- 2 tbsp of pure Organic Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp of Organic Apple cider vinegar
- 1 tall glass of water
I usually mix a big bottle of the detox ingredients 4:2:1 and keep it in the fridge, and then do 3.5 oz of mix and about 8 oz of water in a 12 oz glass.
Raw cranberry juice and water help to cleanse the kidneys, liver, bowels, and lymphatic system from harmful toxins. Cranberries contain multiple nutrients that helps remove fat from the lymphatic system One of the functions of the lymphatic system is the absorption of fats from the digestive system and transporting them to the blood circulation so it’s important to keep it as clean-running as possible.
Dry Skin Brushing
This simple detox trick only takes five minutes a day, costs nothing except from the brush. It helps cleanse your body, inside and out. Our skin is the largest organ we have and eliminagtes one third of your body’s toxins!
By adding Dry Brushing to your daily routine you will:
- Exfoliate dead skin Forget your in-shower loofah and body scrubs, this will ensure you have silky-smooth skin all year round!
- Stimulate your lymphatic system and helps remove toxins from the body. The stiffer the bristles on the brush, the better the lymphatic stimulation you’ll create.
- Help to reduce cellulite by breaking down any trapped toxins from within the body and help your body eliminate them through its usual elimination channels.
- Unclog pores and de-congests skin and promotes healthy, breathing skin. It’s a real treat for the largest organ in our bodies!